Hearing aids - seems to have been healed

I just (today is Tuesday, 3/10/2020) prayed for a guy who I noticed was wearing hearing aids. Apparently he started wearing them about six months ago because his wife persuaded him to get his hearing checked. If I understood correctly, he has trouble hearing hard consonant sounds (I didn't even know hearing loss worked that way).

I asked if I could pray for him. He said yes. I asked him to take his hearing aids out, and then I placed my hands on his ears and said, "In Jesus name be healed," and then asked him if that was any better. He looked surprised and said he could hear the same noises he heard with his hearing aids in. I'm not sure if that meant clicking noises or the sound of the air conditioning or what. His assumption had been that some of noises he heard with the aids in were byproducts of the hearing aids themselves, but now he was wondering if that was just what hearing properly was like.

There was really any proper way to test his hearing (especially as I'm still not clear on how his hearing loss presented itself), but he said it definitely seemed to be improved, so I put my hands on his ears again, thanked God for what already seemed to have be done and asked for full healing (and said, "Be healed in Jesus' name" again, just so it would be clear that any healing that has or does happen is by Jesus, not me). Then we chatted for a bit, and before I left I encouraged him that if he was having trouble hearing, it isn't an act of unbelief to put his hearing aids back in. I also asked him to keep me updated and said I'd be happy to pray for him again if his hearing seemed better for a time then suddenly got worse again. (It seems to be a common opinion among people who see a lot of healing miracles happen that when an illness goes away with prayer but then comes back it's indicative of a demon causing the illness. So if that happens, I'll tell the demon to go away.)

When I have a better idea whether his hearing actually has improved or if that was just his perception, I'll post an update here. It certainly would be cool if his hearing has been restored.

UPDATE: I just asked the guy if his hearing was actually any better, and he said it was still improved and that he hasn't felt the need to put the hearing aids back in. He said he was "pretty exuberant." As a point of interest on this, he also mentioned (after I prayed the other day and his hearing improved) that he had been going through a bit of a crisis of faith. So, in this case, if someone had to have faith, I guess it must have been me.

Comments